Introducing our brand-new car!!
A practical family car, no?
Ha! We really got a Rav4.
We got a crossover/SUV mainly because of the clearance and ability to go into 4WD. During our winter of 80+" snow in Minneapolis (AKA Snowmageddon) my poor little Corolla couldn't make it over the piles left by the plow at the end of our driveway*, and I vowed that my next car would be better able to handle a rough Midwest winter. We still have my '99 Corolla and will likely be putting it up for sale on Craigslist. With at least 6 colleges in town I'm hoping we won't have a problem selling it. It would be a perfect car for a college student to motor around town in, and it handled 10 other Midwest winters well enough!
*Although, given that the piles left by the plow were sometimes 2 feet deep and 3 feet wide, I doubt the Rav4 would have made it over, either!
*Although, given that the piles left by the plow were sometimes 2 feet deep and 3 feet wide, I doubt the Rav4 would have made it over, either!
3 comments:
Congrats on the new car! You fooled me at first--till I scrolled down a bit!
Ha! I tried to find the most impractical car I could. I almost chose the most expensive car out there--some $2.8 million sports car. It was ugly.
Two words: snow emergency! I will look forward to hearing how the RAV does…we've been eyeing it too. The Milwaukee Contingent
Post a Comment