Tuesday, July 10, 2012

3 months today!

Steven turned 3 months today. I'm going to try to weigh him on Thursday to see how big he's getting; I haven't weighed him in almost 3 weeks. I may also try to measure his length if he'll hold still for me long enough! He's been out of almost all of his 3 month clothing for a couple of weeks now, and even some of the 3-6 month clothes are getting a little short for him, depending on the brand. I think he's going to be quite tall when he grows up; everyone who met him on our California trip commented on how long he is!

Here are some pictures I took today--it's amazing when I look back on earlier posts and pictures to see how much he's changed!




This hat was given to him by Gram (my mom). We brought it to California but forgot to get it out for him to wear when we were there! So here's the picture for her. So cute!















His new favorite activity is to start off reclining on the Boppy and then sit up using just a couple of fingers to hold onto. He's getting very strong abs! He's even able to sit pretty well when he lets go of one finger.


He's still having some camera shyness / curiosity when he is aware the camera is pointed right at him. But rest assured, he does smile frequently, and sometimes we manage to catch it on camera...

OK, this is the only picture not from today, but it's only 2 days old!
Sometimes when I'm done eating I'll look up and give Mommy a big grin. Tonight it turned into a giggle fest!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Karen, if you want an easy way to measure him, lay out a long piece of wax paper or something, make a line at the top of his head, stretch out his foot really fast and make another line, and then measure the distance at your leisure. (nicu trick).

Sara said...

Here is a nicu trick...take a long piece of wax paper or something, lay him down on it, make a mark at the top of his head, stretch his leg out really quick, make another mark, and then measure it at your leisure.

Aunt Virginia said...

Steven is growing so fast. The picture of him reclining on the Boppy reminds me so much of your mother as a baby, and we all know how cute she was (and still is, of course). We love you!