So the question I keep getting asked is: are you getting married in Iowa City? The answer, of course, is yes. And if you don't like it, talk to Karen. It was her decision. (I'm gonna get it for that, won't I?) In fact, the church (and its available dates, subject to Big Ten Football, of course) was the first thing we needed to know. (Since the church is so close to Kinnick Stadium, they rent out their parking lot during football games. Apparently the tailgaters there do not participate in the usual tailgating debauchery.)The church in question is Saint Andrew Presbyterian Church, a member of the East Iowa Presbytery (which is awfully fun to spell!). For you Lutherans out there, a Presbytery is similar to a Synod. For you Catholics out there, it's similar to a Diocese. For you Methodists, it's similar to an Episcopal Area. For you members of the Church of Sven Consciousness, it's similar to a Svenod.
Check out Saint Andrew's website here: http://www.saintandrew-ic.org. The picture is from another church with a similar name.
And the website for Saint Andrew himself is here.
No comments:
Post a Comment