It is a little known fact, but I usually get Wednesday afternoon off when I am in clinic, which typically means that I get approximately one afternoon off a month. Today was that day, which was nice.
Karen swears that Steven has quiet, alert time during the day, usually after his morning nap. However, Daddy never gets to see this. By the time Daddy arrives home every day, Steven is in full-bore meltdown mode. Once Daddy swoops in to protect Mommy from the wrath of our young son, Steven calms down a bit. But the evening hours are generally filled with the fuss-eat-fuss-diaper-fuss-lullaby-fuss-eat-fuss-diaper-fuss-bounce-fuss... which often only stops when he finally goes down for the night around 11 PM.
Today, however, I got home shortly after one, and Steven was taking a nap! (Proves it can be done.) Then he woke up, and we went for a walk around the neighborhood, during which he slept a bit. Then he had a meal, got a diaper change, and had quiet alert time for well over an hour. At one point, he managed to punch my tonsils. Karen has pictures. Ask nicely, and she may add them to the blog.
Tuesday was 4 weeks, and tomorrow makes one month. He's healthy and gaining weight. He even slept mostly through the night two nights ago. He is trying, but he still can't throw a baseball. If I can figure out how to film it, I hope to post video of his throwing motion soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment