I should have taken a picture on Sunday morning, or Saturday evening, but Karen spent a rainy Saturday baking cookies.
A lot of cookies.
Four double batches of triple chocolate, peanut butter, snickerdoodles, and oatmeal-chocolate chip brownies to boot.
This was not done for me. It was done for church.
Our church, St. John's Lutheran Church, held its annual service at the Lake Harriet band shell. Karen volunteered to make the snacks.
So, on Saturday, Karen spent all day (and I mean ALL day) baking. I had finished the house work on Friday, so I hid downstairs and played Super Mario World and Metroid (the original!) on the Wii.
And Sunday came. And it was 60 degrees and kinda moist, and sprinkling just a little, and only the diehards came to the church service.
The upshot is that I have been taking cookies to work every day this week, and am currently the most popular person in both Shakopee and Richfield, Minnesota.
Or rather Karen is. I'm just the delivery man.
1 comment:
Just so you're up on your Sesame Street trivia, cookies are now a "sometimes" food. My dad thinks it's sacrilege.
http://video.pbs.org/video/1321802738/
Post a Comment