Monday, June 9, 2008

Ring-a-ding-ding 2: Electric Boogaloo

So we picked up our rings at Greenberg's a few weeks ago, and when we tried them on in the store they seemed fine--right size, right width, etc. However, when we got home I tried on my band with my engagement ring (which I had taken off in the store to try on the wedding band) and discovered that the wedding band was significantly thicker than the engagement ring, so they didn't line up right on my finger. Now, for the most part with all of this wedding planning I've been trying to keep things simple, so that fewer things can go wrong, and my attitude for the most part is, if things go wrong, no big deal. But of all of the many pieces of the wedding puzzle, the photos and the rings are the only tangible things that will last beyond the actual day. And the ring is the only thing I will see every day. So of all of the things to get right and to really care about, I figured the ring was an OK thing for me to get picky about. I planned to take it back the following weekend to see if they would exchange it, but the Wheel of Death intervened and laid me up for at least another week. However, I did finally make it back to Greenberg's, where a simple look through the special-order book revealed that my ring actually comes in two thicknesses, which we had not been told the first time, and they had ordered the thicker of the two. So it wasn't a problem to order the other. And, nice company that they are, they are going to let it be an even exchange, even though special orders are usually final and the store will be charged a restocking fee. But good customer service is triumphant and I am a happy camper, if still in a bit of residual discomfort from my encounter with the Wheel of Death. Which if I ever manage to find a picture of, by the way, it is going right up here.

No comments: